Saturday, January 30, 2010

French pastry: drives me crazy

Buns are a very important part of my life. Their role has strongly increased when I moved to Fontainebleau. I can’t say that there is a lack of pastry in Moscow. But what I have found here is much more than I expected. Small ‘pâtisserie’ shops surround you wherever you go. You get the best choice if you come before 3 – 4 pm. Many of them are crowded, but it is normally worth it to queue on. Don’t worry, the queue moves very fast!
So what do I choose? Today I managed to stop myself on three marvelous buns.


The best thing I’ve tried here so far is ‘palmier’. You will find if baked in different forms, but this one is ideal in my opinion.


Next comes ‘croissant amande’. Always looks a little careless, but the taste is totally nice.


The last for today is ‘tarte au sucre’.

More pastry discoveries coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment